As athletes one of the best things that we can do is to start out our day right. This includes a good morning workout routine and a hearty, healthy breakfast. Here is a quick recipe that I find to contain many of those early morning nutrients.
- Eggs – Protein to rebuild muscle, Choline to enhance brain health & reduce inflammation
- Sundried tomatoes – lycopene as an antioxidant and improve bone health. Great source of Vitamin C. Anti-cancer benefits
- Spinach and/or Kale – Rich nutrient dense greens that are extremely high in vitamins and minerals. Also, the water in the leaves helps to increase hydration
- Alfalfa Sprouts – contains calcium, folic acid, magnesium, manganese, molybdenum, phosphorus, potassium, silicon, sodium, zinc. Prevent heart disease, menopausal symptoms, osteoporosis and even cancer
- Avacado – High in Fiber & Vitamin K. Anti-inflammatory benefits & optimized absorption of Carotenoids
- Pepper Jack Cheese – protein, a little fat for vitamin absorption, calcium. Add some kick to your sandwich
- Onion or Whole Grain Bagel – Complex carbohydrates to keep you going through the day
Stack the ingredients together as seen here and enjoy!