The holidays have arrived, and chances are you may still be looking for creative gifts for the runner in your life. We’ve gathered a list and checked it twice, we even asked our Ambassadors what gifts would be nice! Here are our favorite gift picks for runners:
1. The Homemade Gift: This idea comes from Ambassador Ras Vaughan: Get a thumb drive (or create a podcast playlist) and upload lots of running/trail/ultra/hiking/adventure podcasts, they’re especially great for long runs. We like these: UltraRunner Podcast, Another Mother Runner Radio, Runner Academy
3: Warm Clothing: Anything wool, socks, compression gear and running tights are all in high demand for the cold weather. Here are our picks:
Anything from Smartwool
4. Tech Gear: One Word: Headlamp. It gets dark earlier in the winter, so for those long outdoor runs a good headlamp is an invaluable piece of equipment! Go for Petzl’s TIKKA® RXP
5. Massages: Foam Rollers and Massage Certificates are the perfect feel-good gift. Check out Trigger Point’s GRID Roller
6. The Stocking Stuffer: Nutrition Goodies. For marathoners and trail runners alike, there are a lot of nutrition options out there! Get sample sizes of a few different options of gels, bars, gummies, drinks, etc. Your runner can mix and match to their hearts content! Our favorite picks include: Vfuel Tailwind Gu Justin’s Nut Butter
7. The Fan Favorite: The most requested gift on our Ambassador’s lists? Coaching!
What’s on your holiday wish list? Comment below and tell us!
The Superior 2.0 is built for a rocky relationship. Start clawing your way to the top November 26th.
Tough trails call for a tough tread. The new Superior 2.0 features an impressive TrailClaw™ outsole and StoneGuard™ rock protection system designed to help you tackle the toughest terrain. The FootShape™ toe box lets your relax and spread out naturally in uphill and downhill conditions.
Available online November 26th.
Today Altra Endurance Team member Larisa Dannis cruised to a record setting time at the 50 Mile National Championship race at the Door County Fall 50. She set a new course record, National Championship time record and one of the top 5 fastest 50 mile times in history for any female. Cruising to a sub 6 hour finish and claiming the title as the fastest 50 mile female in the United States she is awestruck. With an official time of 5:59:11 she amazed even herself. According to Ultrarunning.com she is the first and only in this century to run sub 6 hours and the third fastest time ever by an American. We are so proud to support Larisa in her great accomplishments.
Look for her next month racing the world in Qatar for the 100k road World Championships with teammate Zach Bitter.
Meet the next generation in the science of speed, the One².
Get the details on the shoe designed to conquer the most rugged terrain in the Wasatch.
Get the Lone Peak 2.0 today:
The famed Ultra-Trail Mont-Blanc took place this past weekend and Altra was well represented by Jason Schlarb, mountain runner extraordinaire. Jason has spent the past 3 months in Europe with his wife, Maggie, and son, Felix. They have been touring the Alps and he has been training and racing with a 100% focus on this epic event around Mont-Blanc starting in Chamonix. It has been great to watch and follow the Schlarb family on their excursion and it all paid off this weekend.
Jason put together a great race of strategy and skill to fight his way to a successful 4th place overall finish. You can read his recap here. Also, Julbo Eyewear followed Jason around for the summer and did a series of videos on his training and were there to capture the moment at UTMB. Enjoy the footage below.
Scott Dunlap discusses the newest running technologies that will soon be available.
Drop us a comment below and tell us; which technology would be most helpful in your training?
#RunTalks are a series of talks dedicated to educate and inspire runners everywhere with LIVE broadcasts for your running education enjoyment. Each #RunTalk session will feature live speakers giving presentations on various running topics.
Altra will be kicking off the 2 day event on Tuesday August 27th featuring a shoe fitting, group run, & light dinner at Wasatch Running Center: 8946 S. State St. Sandy, UT 84070.
Shoe fitting: 6:30 pm
Group Run: 7:00 pm
Food Served: 8:00 pm
The speaking event of #RunTalk 1 will be on the following day, Wednesday August 28th, at 7pm MDT at Wasatch Running Company, and broadcast live on Google +.
Speakers include running experts; Budd Coates, Author of Running on Air from Runner’s World, Tom Miller, Author of Programmed to Run, and Golden Harper, Founder of Altra Footwear.
You can watch #RunTalks live on Google+, RSVP & watch HERE.
Invite your friends to experience Altra Zero Drop Footwear and we’ll give you $10 off any product at AltraZeroDrop.com for every purchase they make. Plus, we’ll send your friends a 15% OFF coupon to use on their Altra purchase!
You’re already spreading the word, get rewarded!
Click here to get started.