3 years ago, I weighed nearly 300 pounds, and running was pretty much the furthest thing from my mind. Finally, I realized something had to change – I started eating better, and more importantly, I started running. I never expected to run more than a few miles at a time, but I quickly became hooked and the pounds kept dropping. Since then, I’ve lost almost 100 pounds, run 9 marathons, and one 50 mile ultra. In 2013 I’ll run my first 100 miler.
2013 Schedule (where you’ll see Brandon):
1) January – Disney World Goofy Challenge (1/2 marathon on Saturday, full marathon on Sunday) – Orlando, FL
2) June – Mayor’s Midnight Sun Marathon – Anchorage, AK
3) July – Resurrection Pass 50 miler – Hope, AK
4) September – Equinox Marathon – Fairbanks, AK (2nd toughest marathon in the country, behind Pike’s Peak)
5) October – Javelina Jundred – Fountain Hills, AZ (I’m not yet 100% sure it will be this race, but I WILL run my first 100 miler in 2013!)